Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Guy Fieri cruises into Dallas for State Fair barbecue throwdown. Beloved Food Network star and restaurateur Guy Fieri is coming to Dallas for an in-person appearance at the State Fair of Texas. The irrepressible Fieri will be in Dallas on October 11 to co-host a kids' cooking contest, in association with Carnival Cruise Line, for whom Fieri does restaurant concepts that include a barbecue-themed place and a burger joint.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 brand new restaurants for fall. With more than 50 restaurants slated to open around the Dallas area, it's crucial for diners to stay on top of what's coming and what's already arrived. Openings are happening fast and furious. There's no rest for the wicked on this. Must keep up. For this edition of Where to Eat, we look at 10 of the latest, newest openings.
3. A spring wedding delivers downtown Dallas views and thoughtful details. Rachel Duitch and Jon Aronson got more than they bargained for when they attended a Dallas networking event for young Jewish adults. Fresh off a move from Los Angeles, Jon was in the market for new friends. But when he spotted Rachel across the room, sparks flew.
4. Downtown Dallas cops new kind of coffee fix at iconic fountain building. Downtown Dallas gets a one-of-a-kind new coffee shop with a very specific and ambitious approach. Called 84 Point Coffee, it's a specialty shop from Russell Hayward, founder of Ascension Coffee, and will open at 1445 Ross Ave., aka Fountain Place, the angled blue building designed by Henry Cobb of I. M. Pei & Partners.
5. Legendary architect Frank Welch's Dallas home goes on the market. A piece of architectural history is for sale. Legendary architect Frank D. Welch's Dallas home went on the market September 25. The 2,932-square-foot residence is at 3511 Cragmont Ave., in Northern Hills, just outside of Highland Park. Welch lived in the home until his death June 22 at age 90.