Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Eighteen-foot sea creature found off the coast of California. In what is probably the closest confirmed sighting of anything even remotely resembling the Loch Ness Monster, a marine scientist discovered the carcass of an 18-foot sea creature in the Pacific Ocean. Jasmine Santana spotted the serpent-like oarfish while snorkeling near Santa Catalina Island.
2. Attack of the killer pumpkin products. Is there a pumpkin product bubble? Are we nearing it? The Wall Street Journal's Market Watch thinks so. The latest offerings include pumpkin beer, pumpkin tortilla chips and pumpkin cheese. That's one tasty bubble.
3. Five women more newsworthy than Miley. Speaking of bubbles, have we hit Miley Cyrus saturation yet? The Los Angeles Times takes a look at a handful of women in the world who deserve the spotlight far more than the overgrown teen. Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teen who survived a Taliban assassination attempt, rightfully leads the pack.
4. 15th century Flemish-style portraits re-created in an airplane lavatory. If you thought it was hard to do your business at 30,000 feet, you wouldn't believe what woman accomplished in an airplane bathroom stall. Using only items commonly found on planes, Nina Katchadourian has created a compelling portrait series as part of creative project called "Seat Assignment."
5. Another dream comes true for Balch Springs boy battling cancer. WFAA has the inside story on Trey Sampson, a 12-year-old football fan and cancer patient. Trey attended the Cowboys game against Washington as a special guest of Dez Bryant.