Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 top restaurants worth discovering. In case you missed it, we recently released the Top 100, in which we rank the very best restaurants in Dallas. In the aftermath, we've seen new restaurants open, and we've rediscovered a few that feel new again. This is our list of where to eat in Dallas right now.
2. Frisco Italian restaurant closes despite ace team. While most of the news emerging from Frisco is of the "boom" variety, there is one bust: Vicini, the American-Italian restaurant from an ownership group that included cocktail whiz Brian McCullough, has closed.
3. New restaurant at Dallas' Trinity Groves modernizes vegan dining. A giant step for vegankind takes place with the opening of V-Eats Modern Vegan restaurant, in the West Dallas restaurant incubator Trinity Groves. It's located in the space formerly occupied by Sugar Skull Cafe, and comes from Troy Gardener, previously of Samson's Hot Dogs.
4. Dallas is one of the proud few to get a Martha Stewart Cafe. Dallas is getting coffee, Martha-style, with the opening of Martha Stewart Cafe, a coffee shop at the Macy's store at Galleria Dallas. The cafe draws its inspiration from artisanal cafes of Europe with coffee, tea, espresso drinks, and cold-brew iced coffee.
5. Stirring new restaurant fills storied Deep Ellum spot with bacon and booze. Opening day has come for Stirr, the Deep Ellum bar-restaurant from hospitality veterans Imran Sheikh and Asim Sheikh, who also own the Uptown bar Citizen.