Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fun downtown Dallas restaurant from chef Stephan Pyles closes down. It's the end of the line for Frito pie, with the closure of a signature restaurant from chef Stephan Pyles. After six years, Stampede 66 in downtown Dallas, Pyles' nostalgic ode to Texas, closed on October 13.
2. Plano gives thumbs up to deck park across Dallas North Tollway. Taking its cues from Dallas' Klyde Warren Park, Plano is hatching a new deck park that would cross over Dallas North Tollway, in order to connect two major mixed-use developments.
3. El Fenix owner opens Dallas restaurant dedicated to ritzy vacay spot. Inspired by their favorite vacation spot, Dallas restaurateur Mike Karns and his wife are opening a restaurant called Tulum, in the former Madrina spot at 4216 Oak Lawn Ave.
4. This ZIP code in Dallas ranks as Texas’ top spot for millennials. The Dallas Arts District is a bona fide magnet for millennials. A new study from apartment search website RentCafé ranks the Arts District as the top ZIP code in Texas for the share of millennial residents.
5. Dallas Zoo quietly ships out two elephants it 'rescued' from Swaziland. Two of the elephants that the Dallas Zoo ostensibly "rescued" from Swaziland in 2016 have been quietly relocated to California, to the Chaffee Zoo in Fresno.