Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. A master list of every Dallas restaurant opening in fall 2016. The restaurant scene in Dallas remains vibrant, with dozens of openings on the table from here through 2017. There are so many coming, we needed a list — a list of every restaurant opening around Dallas for the rest of 2016.
2. Longtime Dallas breakfast spot packs up pancakes and moves on. After 17 years, the Cafe Brazil on Cedar Springs Road is relocating to a new address that will double its size, add more parking, and feature a patio.
3. The end is near for one of Dallas’ favorite home and gift shops. Dallas will soon be down one fabulous home and design store. Nest, located on McKinney Avenue in Knox District, is closing on December 1.
4. This round of Dallas restaurant news comes stacked with openings. Dallas has seen several new openings recently, including a pizzeria and a growler bar. Here’s the hottest, freshest news in dining.
5. Cattle Baron’s Ball taps into Texas pride for blockbuster Dallas gala. With superstar entertainment and millions raised for the American Cancer Society, the Cattle Baron’s Ball is a big deal in Dallas. For 2016, chairwomen Cara French and Andrea Weber welcomed a “Texas Proud” crowd to Gilley’s Dallas on October 15.