Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The dishes you absolutely must eat at the 10 best restaurants in Dallas. First we published the Top 100, a measured, comprehensive examination of the best restaurants Dallas has to offer, numbered 1 through 100. Now we look at the top 10, dish by dish, with a list of what you must eat at each.
2. Couple marries tradition and whimsy at White Rock Lake wedding. When it came time to decide where to get married, Allie Spillyards’ hometown of Dallas seemed like the perfect place, and she and future-husband Blake Hanson set to work finding a venue that would contrast well with Allie’s wedding inspiration: Kate Spade. They found it in the Filter Building overlooking White Rock Lake.
2. Social swells find Dallas’ most famous preview party perfectly timed. The most interesting part about the annual Two x Two First Look — besides what’s on the walls, of course — is how the theme, vibe, and crowd change from year to year. Après last year’s deluge, the mood for the gala and contemporary auction’s preview party was more toned down, in a good way.
4. World’s best chocolate hits shelves at upscale Dallas grocery store. Amedei Tuscany, called the world’s best chocolate, has been added to the shelves at all Central Market locations, including the stores in Dallas. Made in Italy, Amedei has won many best-chocolate awards, and it has acquired a cult-like status among chefs for its creamy texture and bright flavor.
5. Stylish Dallasites assemble for fall’s most revealing awards party. The Plaza at Preston Center felt especially fashionable when social butterflies gathered for the 2016 Stylemaker Awards reveal party at Tootsies.