Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Preschool tap-dancer goes rogue. Dance recitals are, in theory, the picture of uniformity. One little ballerina was having none of that, and her improv dance moves and over-the-top facial expressions had the audience rolling.
2. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and city staffers dressed as the Village People for Halloween. A first glance, you might not even recognize Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings. After all, he doesn't often sport a mustache and don a black leather vest. City staff went all out for Halloween this year with a group costume depicting the Village People.
3. Crazy man puts computer inside arm without help from doctors. German "biohacker" Tim Cannon took the idea of seamless technology one step way, way too far when he medically inserted a computer chip beneath his skin. Eat your heart out, Google Glass.
4. U.S. map labeled by an Australian who has never been there. It's no secret that we like a good map around here. This one deserves mention for its candid first-impression commentary from down under. Of course, we like the attention Texas garners and the fact that the author refers to Florida as "penis-gun, freaky land." Why didn't we think of that?
5. What does your coffee say about you and is it something terrible? This story from The Awl is full of interesting and disturbing factoids about everyone's favorite bean-based drink. For example, did you know that coffee is the second-largest traded commodity in the world? (Oil is first, BTW.)