Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Pecan Lodge departs Dallas Farmers Market for historic Deep Ellum. After much city-wide hand-wringing and angst — and after being courted by other cities — renowned Dallas BBQ joint Pecan Lodge has settled on a new location: Deep Ellum. Owners Diane and Justin Fourton have signed a lease for a spot on Main Street, where they'll relocate from their stand at the Dallas Farmers Market.
2. Deadly lion attack confounds Dallas Zoo officials. In yet another questionable tragedy at the Dallas Zoo, a female lion was killed by two male lions, in full view of spectators. Zoo officials called the killing "quick," but attendees told NBC that it went on for 10 to 15 minutes until the female lion became lifeless.
3. JFK assassination footage like you've never seen before. Images of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy are never far from mind in Dallas, but a new video attempts to strip away some of the chaos of the November tragedy. The two-minute video sets the scene with images of the crowd at Dealey Plaza and a police escort before the president and first lady drive past the grassy knoll.
4. Indie art fans swarm Dallas warehouse for frenzied Art Con 9 fundraiser. It was an oddly warm November evening when hordes of Dallas art-lovers, artists and music fans flocked to a warehouse just beyond Trinity Groves for Art Con 9. The annual art-slash-music fundraiser aims to make art affordable for everyone while benefiting a local nonprofit. This year's beneficiary was My Possibilities.
5. True Food Kitchen previews kale and quinoa burgers as Dallas opening day looms. Days before its November 19 opening in Dallas' Preston Center, True Food Kitchen hosted a giant media cattle call to preview its menu of au courant foodie trends. The menu, devised by author Dr. Andrew Weil, accommodates all your special-interest eating tribes including celiacs, Paleoliths, vegetarians and vegans.