Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Magical new dessert shop in Deep Ellum fulfills all your unicorn dreams. Do you love unicorns? Is that even a real question? Get ready for a ride to the Magical Dessert Bar, a new shop opening in Deep Ellum where everything is pastel iridescence and oh-so sweet.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 9 hottest new dessert destinations. There's always room for dessert. It's there if you want to go out but you don't want to splurge for a whole meal. As luck would have it, Dallas has seen a big wave of new shops specializing in sweet treats, to fill all those needs and more. Here are nine new destinations for dessert.
3. Texas fashion designer closes all stores, including last one in DFW. Fans of Elaine Turner learned on November 14 that the popular Texas designer was closing her final store. Her Fort Worth store at The Shops at Clearfork, barely a year old, closed quietly in September.
4. These are the 12 best things to do in Dallas this Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving weekend is when the holidays officially kick off in the Dallas area. Eight of the 12 events we're featuring are holiday themed, including ones with ice sculptures, theater, shopping, mazes, classical music, dancing, and lights galore. Here are the best ways to spend your free time this weekend.
5. Dallasites party like rock stars to raise $1 million at Perot Museum gala. If Billboard rated Dallas galas like they do songs, the Perot Museum's "Night at the Museum: Rock the Perot" bash would top the charts. More than 1,000 guests filled every floor of the nature and science museum for its annual gala on November 10. And the rock-star party proved to be a million-dollar fundraiser.