Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. New Deep Ellum restaurant from chef Matt McCallister puts a pickle on it. After many months in the works, Matt McCallister's second restaurant, Filament, will open in Dallas’ Deep Ellum neighborhood. The opening date is December 7.
2. Why Dallas moms want to take their kids to Holiday Pop-up Shop. The ultimate holiday shopping experience returns to Dallas on December 6, when we host our second annual Holiday Pop-up Shop. And because we know moms often bring the kids along wherever they go, we have ensured that this is a family-friendly event.
3. A peek at renovation plans for historic downtown Dallas building and more city news. Dallas City Hall was quiet during the holiday. But there was neighborhood news, high school news, and rain. Lots and lots of rain.
4. 5 reasons every merry Dallasite needs to stop by Holiday Pop-up Shop. Dallasites will have the most fun ever shopping for gifts at Holiday Pop-up Shop. Here are five totally scientific reasons to prove it.
5. West Elm goes local with help from Dallas-based artisans. As part of its growing Local initiative, Brooklyn-based West Elm is stocking its shelves with crafted goods from Texas-based artists and makers.