Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Who will be CultureMap’s 2017 charity partner? That’s up to you. CultureMap Charity Challenge is back, which means you have work to do: Vote in this poll for your favorite of these 12 young professionals organizations to determine which one will become our 2017 charity partner.
2. Longtime Dallas breakfast favorite takes Benedicts to the 'burbs. One of Dallas' original breakfast restaurants is opening a second branch after more than 30 years in business. Benedict's, which boasts a unique connection to Denver, is opening a location in Plano, at Parkwood Boulevard, near the intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and 121.
3. Greenville Avenue restaurant Remedy undergoes radical change. In big restaurant news, homey Greenville Avenue soda-fountain restaurant Remedy will close for good on December 31. That gives you only 25 more days to get your mom-style fish-wich, burger, and bologna sandwich.
4. East Dallas’ favorite new lounge sprouts shop with rock-and-roll roots. A cool new shop with a rock-and-roll legacy tis now open in East Dallas. Called the Good Pagoda, it's located at 9026 Garland Rd. — right next door to its equally glorious sibling Lounge Here.
5. Proximity to White Rock Lake is just one perk of updated Dallas home. Perched high on a hill, 428 Edgelake Dr. in Lake Highlands Estates is just northeast of White Rock, providing pretty vistas of a lush greenbelt and easy access to walking and biking trails around the lake. But that’s not all there is to love about this property.