Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best new restaurants for December. If you've seen our master list of new restaurants opening around Dallas-Fort Worth, you know that these are good times for diners, with dozens of new spots coming soon. If you like to be absolutely au courant, then you've come to the right place.
2. The best-dressed Dallas women resist tradition at Crystal Charity Ball. Dallas' most fashionable female philanthropists dress to impress at Crystal Charity Ball, the grand finale of the fall social season. Although we always see our fair share of classics from designers such as Oscar de la Renta, this year Zac Posen demanded the most attention, as did some local design talent.
3. Texas farmer offers list of essential seeds to buy for 2015 garden. With the urban farming trend growing each year, it seems there are more alternative seed companies than ever, with a growing catalog of open-pollinated and heirloom varieties for sale. Here are some of our picks for seeds to buy for the 2015 growing season.
4. Truck Yard's White Trash Christmas Party tops best food events in Dallas. This Week in Gluttony culminates with a white trash Christmas bash featuring a dwarf Santa at Truck Yard on December 13. If you miss it, just know we do these event roundups weekly for your drinking and dining pleasure. But we can't promise another dwarf Santa.
5. Dallas' Henderson Avenue gets a honky-tonk fueled by beer and barbecue. A new venue serving barbecue and honky-tonk music is coming to Henderson Avenue, from a team whose portfolio includes nearby Henderson Tap House. Called Henderson Avenue Country Club, it will take over the space vacated by Nick Badovinus' Tried and True, and it will open the first week of January 2015.