Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Kim Kardashian braves Dallas icemageddon to be with Kanye West. Straight out of a Tammy Wynette song, the reality TV star came to Dallas to stand by her man Kanye West, who was in town for a concert at American Airlines Center. Uncowed by the icepocalypse, Kardashian braved frigid weather and icy roads, stopping in at Highland Park Village and the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.
2. Winter storm can't stop the New York-inspired glamour at Crystal Charity Ball. You didn't think a little ice would stop the most fabulous and philanthropic Dallasites from attending the most highly anticipated social event of the year, did you? More than 1,500 attendees dressed their best and braved the cold for the 2013 Crystal Charity Ball themed "Magnificent Manhattan."
3. Chanel Metiers d'Art: Inside Karl Lagerfeld's celebrity-filled Texas fashion spectacle. Dallas has been anxiously awaiting Karl Lagerfeld's fashion extravaganza ever since he declared his love for Texas to Women’s Wear Daily back in January. The time finally arrived December 10, when 1,000 lucky spectators — including celebrities Lauren Hutton, Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart — got to see Lagerfeld's homage to Texas fashion at Fair Park.
4. Klyde Warren Park marks end of icepocalypse with an ice skating rink. It was only logical that just days after Winter Storm Cleon wreaked havoc on Dallas, Klyde Warren Park introduced its long buzzed-about ice skating rink on December 13. However, this rink doesn't have any ice; it is made out of a synthetic ice skating surface called Super-Glide.
5. Where newly vegan superstar Beyonce should dine before her Dallas concert. Beyonce and hubby Jay Z just adopted a vegan diet, which they say they will follow until Christmas. (However, a Frenchy's fried chicken photo on Beyonce's Facebook page had fans wondering if she'd fallen off the vegan wagon.) As a public service, we offered these tips for Queen Bey on where to eat vegan in Dallas while she was in town for a concert at AAC.