Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Huge fitness studio from Las Vegas gets pumped for first Dallas gym. A mega-fitness studio from Las Vegas will open its first Dallas location near NorthPark Center in spring 2019. TruFusion, which will house five studios under one roof, broke ground December 19 at 9100 N. Central Expy., in Caruth Plaza shopping center, near North Central Expressway and Park Lane.
2. TreeHouse home store shutters Dallas location, Plano not far behind. Eco-friendly home-improvement store TreeHouse has closed its Dallas store, and the days are numbered for its location in Plano. The company would not verify closure dates, but the Dallas store has been closed for more than a week.
3. International Neapolitan pizza chain opens first U.S. location in downtown Dallas. An international pizza concept is opening its very first location in America in Dallas: Called 400 Gradi, it's a Neapolitan-style pizza concept that will open at 2000 Ross Ave., the glitzy new vertical mixed-use development which will boast retail space, residential living, and a boutique hotel.
4. Dallas Housewives star gets real about humanitarian work at charity gala. The 2018 Mercury One M1 Ball was a big, glittery affair with even bigger heart. Event chairs D’Andra Simmons-Lock and Jeremy Lock (of Real Housewives of Dallas fame) brought together internationally recognized supporters and patrons — along with local friends and leaders in the arts, social, and business communities — for a powerful night of fundraising, and plenty of fun on the side.
5. Favorite Dallas spa expands to second location in cool shopping complex. Dallas will get sooooo much more relaxed with a second location of beloved Hiatus Spa + Retreat, which will open in spring 2019 in a buzzy shopping complex across town from the flagship.