Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Pioneering Dallas restaurant-bar Victor Tangos pours last cocktail. After 10 years on the cutting edge of mixology in Dallas, Henderson Avenue restaurant-bar Victor Tangos is closing its doors. The final cocktail shake-shake-shake will go down on New Year's Eve.
2. The 9 best ways to party on New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth. End 2017 with a bang at one of the best New Year's Eve events in Dallas-Fort Worth — presented in alphabetical order — by dancing, counting down until midnight, and taking in some spectacular fireworks.
3. These are the best New Year's 2018 brunch restaurants in Dallas-Fort Worth. Just about every restaurant and bar celebrates New Year's Eve. But it takes a true hospitality trooper to get up the next morning and throw down a spread. New Year's Day brunch is the ticket. Here's a list of restaurants in Dallas-Fort Worth where you can celebrate the New Year with a bite to eat.
4. Butter the popcorn for the 10 best movies of 2017. For a while, it seemed like 2017 was going to be a down year for movies. But, like many other years, it came on strong at the end, with six of our critic's top 10 films coming out in the final three months of the year. As any film lover would hope, they run the range from big mainstream blockbusters to small independent movies, with all of them worthy of Oscars in one way or another.
5. Most popular dog names in Dallas for 2017 are doggone adorable. Gone are the days when Spot and Fido were the most popular names at the dog park. According Rover.com, a national network of pet sitters and dog walkers, Dallas is in sync with the rest of the nation when it comes to the most popular male and female dogs names for 2017, with Max and Bella coming in at No. 1, both locally and in the U.S.