Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Maple & Motor dude Jack Perkins enters the contentious barbecue fray with Slow Bone. Perkins' new venture will open in late February at 22334 Irving Blvd., a couple of doors down from Nick Badovinus' Off Site Kitchen, around the corner from Peticolas Brewery and a stone's throw from the Design District — the new center of Where It's At.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 hot restaurants for January. Vegetables are one of the big trends for 2013, you know. No time like the present to jump aboard. Snappy Salads, Be Raw and Kalachandji's make it easy to go green.
3. A Monica Greene meltdown? Dallas restaurant scene buzzes with end-of-year closures. Drama drama drama. Restaurants often close at the end of the month because the rent comes due, and December turned out to be a doozy with the departure of BEE: Best Enchiladas Ever, Bailey's Prime and Sushiyama.
4. George H.W. Bush was and still is a badass, says this Democrat. Plus: Möbius strips! Eric Celeste's love letter to president No. 41 was a crowd-pleaser. An excerpt: "He’s always been unfairly painted as less-than-awesome. He volunteered for WWII and was the youngest aviator in history when he fought for his country. He graduated Yale in two-and-a-half years and was the captain of the baseball team while doing so."
5. The best dressed in Dallas: From bold and bright to soft and chic, these are the top looks from fall 2012. Join us as we look back on the most stylish moments of the season.