Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The Dallas foodie’s master list of restaurant openings from spring 2015 forward. One thing’s for sure about restaurants in Dallas: There are always new ones in the wings. At times like this, there are so many that we need a list to keep track.
2. The best new patios in Dallas satisfy every outdoor craving. Spring has sprung, and with it, hordes of ravenous Dallasites hungry for some vitamin D. Thankfully, a bevy of new joints with patios have opened since the last time we did this, and they’re ready to be overwhelmed.
3. Uptown burger joint shuts down and more Dallas restaurant news to chew on. This is an especially edible dose of Dallas restaurant news, with tidbits on busted burger joints, sauces, potato chips, salads and beer. Chef groupies get their fix too.
4. Agave Azul christens downtown Dallas’ prettiest new patio with margaritas and mariachis. The downtown Dallas branch of Agave Azul, the upscale Mexican restaurant and tequila house from owner Zotico Reyes, opened on April 1 with dinner service. Among its best assets: that patio.
5. Mega-slate of restaurants hits Irving’s Music Factory — Sunday gospel brunch included. The Irving entertainment complex has partnered with Seattle-based Restaurants Unlimited (RUI) to open and operate seven new restaurant and entertainment venues. Many don't have names, but the concepts have been locked down.