On September 10, Texas Monthly released the lineup for this year's TMBBQ Fest in Austin, a celebration of all things grilled, smoked, and 'cued. Among the participating restaurants are several Dallas-Fort Worth favorites.
The festival offers brisket, sausage, and rib fiends the opportunity to sample some of the tastiest barbecue from across the state in one convenient location. Festival-goers can also enjoy cold drinks and live music from the likes of Flaco Jiménez Y Su Conjunto and LaTasha Lee & The BlackTies. For the first time ever, there will also be a sweet lineup of desserts and meaty delicacies.
"This Texas-sized celebration brings the pages of [the] magazine to life," Texas Monthly president John D. Lunn said in a release. "And this year's new addition of desserts will round out the culinary experience for attendees eager to taste the best this vast state has to offer."
All of the pitmasters at this year's festival have been featured in a Texas Monthly article honoring the best-of-the-best barbecue joints. Dallas eateries that earned top marks include Lockhart Smokehouse and Pecan Lodge, as well as Fort Worth's Cousin's Bar-B-Q and McKinney's Hutchins BBQ — all of which will be at TMBBQ Fest this fall.
The sixth annual celebration will take over the Long Center on Sunday, November 1. Tickets go on sale at 10 am Friday, September 11. Admission ranges from $80 to $145, although children 5 and under get in for $10.
The full TMBBQ Fest lineup is as follows:
- Buzzie's Bar-B-Q (Kerrville)
- Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (Llano)
- Cousin's Bar-B-Q (Fort Worth)
- Cranky Frank's BBQ Company (Fredericksburg)
- Franklin Barbecue (Austin)
- The Granary ‘Cue & Brew (San Antonio)
- Hatfield's BBQ (Rockport)
- Hays County Barbeque Restaurant (San Marcos)
- Hutchins BBQ (McKinney)
- Killen's Barbecue (Pearland)
- La Barbecue (Austin)
- Lamberts Downtown Barbecue (Austin)
- Lockhart Smokehouse (Dallas)
- Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor)
- Miller's Smokehouse (Belton)
- Opie's Barbecue (Spicewood)
- The Original Black's Barbecue (Lockhart)
- Pecan Lodge (Dallas)
- Pody's BBQ (Pecos)
- Snow's BBQ (Lexington)
- Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew (Austin)
- Two Bros BBQ Market (San Antonio)
- Tyler's Barbeque (Amarillo)