Dallas upscale taqueria chain Urban Taco is celebrating the holiday season with a special menu that could persuade you to eat there every day: The restaurant is hosting its "12 days of tamales" with a series of seasonal, house-made tamales whose flavor and variety changes every day.
If you're seeking something more than your same-old favorite, this menu is for you.
However, the celebration began on December 13. You have already missed five flavors, and for that, we apologize. But it runs until December 24, which leaves six days of tamale options to try.
You can order the tamales during lunch or dinner as a tamale trio plate, with black beans and roasted corn con crema for $9.75.
You can also place an order for any variety of tamale to go with 24 hours notice, with a minimum order of one dozen for $18. So we get a reprieve: If you are really craving the potato zucchini with queso fresco that was featured on December 16, you still have a shot.
The 12 days of tamales menu is as follows:
- December 13 - Pollo con Mole Poblano
- December 14 - Cochinita Pibil
- December 15 - Simmery Guajillo Pork
- December 16 - Potato Zucchini con Queso Fresco
- December 17 - Frijoles y Queso Oaxaca
- December 18 - Tomatillo Serrano con Pollo
- December 19 - Carnitas con Mole Poblano
- December 20 - Dos Equis Amber Barbacoa con Chorizo
- December 21 - Guajillo Piquin con Pollo
- December 22 - Sweet Corn
- December 23 - Green Chile con Picadillo
- December 24 - Chicken Tinga & Potato
Urban Taco will also be serving up several festive holiday cocktails for $5. Those include the Merry Berry Margarita, a holiday margarita with bold red color and tart-sweet cranberry taste; and the Ponches de Frutas, a traditional homemade fruit and spice punch consisting of green apples, oranges, sugar cane, guayaba, cinnamon, tamarind, tejocote and hibiscus leaf.