Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Cake Boss treats Dallas to another Carlo's Bakery in its hottest suburb. Just like Santa Claus himself, chef Buddy Valastro, aka the "Cake Boss," is serving up Dallas a super sweet treat: a second branch of his famed Carlo's Bakery. The shop will open in Frisco, at Stonebriar Centre mall sometime in 2017.
2. Dallas Cowboys megahub signs on nearly all the city's top restaurants. As if the news that renowned chef José Andrés is opening Zaytinya restaurant in Frisco is not enough, there are 14 more retailers newly lined up for The Star in Frisco, the complex surrounding the Dallas Cowboys headquarters.
3. Best new Dallas bars to drink away the winter blahs. Deciding where to grab a drink can take you down many paths. You can opt for the tried-and-true, the neighborhood favorite, the place you already know. Or you can seek out the new.
4. Downtown Dallas tycoon dreams up new restaurants for Design District. Downtown developer Tim Headington (The Joule, Forty Five Ten on Main) has two new restaurants in the works, this time in the Design District. Headington Companies will open two new eateries inside a 10,000-square-foot complex: Wheelhouse, a modern gastropub, and Sassetta, an Italian restaurant.
5. Ginger Man beer bar goes flat in Lakewood too soon. After a mere two years, the Lakewood branch of the Ginger Man, the congenial beer bar chain, will close down. Its last day of business is a final blowout on Christmas Day.