What: Dallas Historical Society’s Awards for Excellence in Community Service 2014
Where: Fairmont Dallas
The 411: One of the city’s busiest philanthropic couples, Lynn and Allan McBee, joined forces with luncheon co-chairs Margaret and Glenn Solomon for this award ceremony that supports the Dallas Historical Society’s educational and preservation programs. “[The society] is a collective memory of our community that marks, stores and recalls the important events and people of Dallas,” said emcee Stewart Thomas. Following remarks and lunch, the 2014 honorees took to the stage to be recognized:
- Arts Leadership: Kevin Moriarty
- Business: Robert A. Estrada
- Creative Arts: Judy and Patrick Kelly
- Education: Mary and Mike Terry
- Health/Science Medicine: Claude B. Prestidge, M.D.
- Humanities: S.M. Wright Foundation
- Philanthropy: Stuart Bumpas
- Volunteer Community Leadership: Judy Rorrie
- Jubilee History Makers: Natalie Lee
Established in 1922, the Dallas Historical Society is the preeminent organization of its kind in Dallas, collecting, preserving and exhibiting the unique heritage of Dallas and Texas to educate and inspire future generations.
Who: Honorary chairs and former Awards for Excellence recipients Lee Cullum and Laura Wilson, Phil Romano, Margaret McDermott, Ruth and Ken Altshuler, Mary and Mike Terry,