Designer Edo Popken and Rhonda Sargent Chambers of RSC Show Productions joined forces to produce a hot men’s fashion show at his Design District boutique dubbed Edo Popken’s Best Dressed. A few FC Dallas players — alongside some other handsome Dallas gents — hung up their uniforms for the day to showcase Popken’s spring 2014 collection.
Why soccer players? The event benefited America Scores Dallas, an organization that empowers students in urban communities using soccer, writing, creative expression and service-learning. With teamwork as the unifying value, America Scores Dallas inspires youth to lead healthy lifestyles, be engaged students and become agents of change in their communities.
With such a worthy cause, it’s no wonder these guys heeded the call:
- Stephen Keel, FC Dallas Defender
- Ricky Grunden, business travel leader at The Joule and DIFFA Dallas board member
- Jason Treu, dating and relationship coach and social media guru
- Tesho Akindele, FC Dallas forward
- Richard Sanchez, FC Dallas goalkeeper
- Victor Ulloa, FC Dallas midfielder
- Dean Somes, manager for Cross Capital Partners LP and avid mountaineer
- Caleb Packer, model, actor and stylist
- George Lanier, Dallas trainer and owner of My Style Fitness
- Hope Parker, sophomore, honors student and ROTC member at DeSoto High School
- Gary Walden, Dallas hairstylist and owner of Gary Walden Designs
Guests — including America Scores Dallas executive director Crystal Schober, Bethany Siggins, Kelley Barnes, Edwardo Flores,— took in the show, sipped cocktails by Reyka Vodka and Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, and shopped Popken’s colorful line. Ten percent of the evening’s proceeds were donated to America Scores.