Some women were just born to lead. To honor a few of these inspiring ladies, Women That Soar hosted its sixth annual Women That Soar Awards at Hyatt Regency Dallas.
The evening’s co-hosts included award-winning actress Regina King, HGTV’s Property Virgin’s Egypt Sherrod and radio personality Ebony Steele, who provided some spunk to an already impressive program honoring the best of the best in business, sports, media, philanthropy, arts, fashion and global activism.
Musical performances by Destiny’s Child’s Michelle Williams, gospel great Wess Morgan and Grammy-nominated R&B star Kenny Lattimore set the tone for an unforgettable and moving experience. Each artist presented honorees as well.
So let's get to this year's award winners, whose simple yet powerful stories inspire others to continue to soar:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Reema Bandar Al Saud
- Former first lady of Mexico Marta Fox
- Former WNBA president Donna Orender
- Entrepreneur and stylist Aly Scott
- Designer Paulette Martsolf
- Philanthropist Anne Davidson
- CEO of eWomen Network Sandra Yancey
- Activist Cheryl “Action” Jackson
- A&R executive Teresa Labarbera-Whites
- D Magazine group publisher Kim Elenez
- Attorney Dawn Neufeld
- Legacy Award recipient Nell St. Cyr, the first female president of the Houston Petroleum Club
"We are in the midst of a powerful movement," said Gina Grant, CEO and founder of Women That Soar. "Women That Soar will continue to focus efforts on outreach to women in Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Florida and Atlanta. Our goal is to grow the televised awards show into a platform attended by thousands of women and men annually.”
Women That Soar donates a portion of the event’s proceeds to the Memnosyne Foundation, which provides mankind with the means to encourage positive, peaceful global collaboration in areas of knowledge. The Women That Soar Awards will be televised Sunday, December 15, on TXA 21 from 7-8 pm.