Big-deal Dallas altruists gathered at the Hyatt Regency Dallas to honor their brethren at the 28th annual National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon hosted by the greater Dallas chapter of the Association of the Fundraising Professionals.
"We are proud to pay tribute to these outstanding individuals who exhibit incredible civic leadership and philanthropy," said Dallas National Philanthropy Day Chair Kimberly Humphries. "They are stewarding our communities, from charity to impact."
Charitable guests — including , co-chair Julia Nicol in congratulating the seven 2013 award recipients:
- Lyda Hill, Outstanding Philanthropist (nominated by Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and sponsored by Clarkson-Davis)
- The Andrea-Mennen Family Foundation, Outstanding Foundation (sponsored and nominated by Children’s Medical Center)
- Alon USA Energy Inc., Outstanding Corporation (nominated by Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region Inc. and sponsored by the Trinity Trust Foundation)
- Forrest Hoglund, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser (nominated by Perot Museum of Nature and Science and sponsored by Dini Partners)
- April Box Chamberlain, CFRE, Outstanding Fundraising Executive (nominated by Stephen Folsom, chairman of the board of trustees, Methodist Health System Foundation, and sponsored by Nancy Ann Hunt)
- Ariana Luterman, Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (nominated by Brian Donovan and sponsored by the Todd and Abby Williams Family Foundation)
- Kent Skipper, Special Recognition Award (nominated by the Greater Dallas Chapter Association of Fundraising Professionals and sponsored by Salesmanship Club of Dallas)
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), an individual member association, advances philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs.