From the high-profile divorce — and subsequent remarriage — of Maxwell L. Anderson and Jacqueline Buckingham to the surprise keynote address by Wendy Davis at Black Tie Dinner, there were many memorable moments on the Dallas social scene in 2013. Perhaps most noteworthy: Neither rain nor ice can stop Dallas from having a good time and raising millions for charity.
These are the 10 most-read society stories of the last year:
1. 10 must-attend fall events on the Dallas social scene. To help social butterflies sort out their schedules for the fall season, we presented our list of the 10 must-attend events on the philanthropy circuit.
2. Celebrity-filled Black Tie Dinner goes big at 32nd annual LGBT-supportive gala. All the beautiful men — and 3,000 of their nearest and dearest — swarmed the Sheraton Dallas hotel for the celebrity-filled gala that supports LGBT organizations in North Texas and the Human Rights Campaign.
3. Jacqueline Buckingham and Maxwell L. Anderson remarry months after divorce announcement. Jacqueline Buckingham announced she was splitting from Dallas Museum of Art executive director Maxwell L. Anderson via Facebook. Just a few months later, they announced their remarriage in — you guessed it — social media.
4. Winter storm can't stop the New York-inspired glamour at Crystal Charity Ball. You didn't think a little ice would stop the most fabulous and philanthropic Dallasites from attending the most highly anticipated social event of the year, did you?
5. Art, fashion and Downton Abbey spoof dazzle at Untitled: Art Ball 2013. Co-chairs Jennifer Karol and Catherine Rose went above and beyond for the DMA’s largest fundraiser. Ladies donned gowns of all lengths, colors and textures for the Todd Fiscus-designed affair.
6. Hot young professionals mix it up at first-ever CultureMap Social. Hundreds of young professionals had NYLO Dallas South Side buzzing at the inaugural CultureMap Social happy hour. Scenesters sipped, snacked, shopped at Roving Style and painted personalized masterpieces with Pinot's Palette.
7. Dallas socialites dress to thrill for Crystal Charity 10 Best Dressed Fashion Show and Luncheon. New York fashion week had nothing on the scene that unfolded at the Crystal Charity Ball 10 Best Dressed Fashion Show and Luncheon, held at the iconic Neiman Marcus downtown. Alexander McQueen was the featured designer.
8. Beautiful scenesters flock to the Crow for CultureMap Dallas first anniversary bash. CultureMap Dallas welcomed more than 750 sexy supporters to the Crow Collection of Asian Art for its one-year birthday bash. It was a stunner, if we do say so ourselves. Performances included a pop-up by the Dallas Opera and a set from Denton band Seryn.
9. Cattle Baron's Ball spurs on in fab fashion despite Dallas downpour. Texans are tough, and a little rain wasn't going to stop them from doing their part to give cancer the boot. The 40th anniversary Cattle Baron's Ball rounded up more than $1 million for the American Cancer Society in live auction items alone.
10. Bombshell Beverly Hills housewife Brandi Glanville shakes up Highland Park Village. Brandi Glanville, the hot single mom on Bravo's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, hit the upstairs lounge at Bistro 31 to sign copies of her juicy book, Drinking & Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders.
Speaking of spectacular social events, you can vote now for the most glamorous gala of 2013 in our CultureMap poll.