Editor’s note: Our 10 most-read society stories of 2015 provide a glimpse into the Dallas fundraising circuit. From must-attend events to the best-dressed at them, here are the most popular stories of the year.
1. The 7 fall events in every young Dallas professional’s social datebook. Dallas young professionals pride themselves on giving, and regardless of their passions, they can find a group that shares them. Although these budding philanthropists get together often, these seven fall events were must-attends for any young mover and shaker on the Dallas social scene.
2. Best-dressed Dallas ladies radiate elegance at Crystal Charity Ball 2015. The Crystal Charity Ball, known as the grand finale of the fall social season in Dallas, also is famous for bringing out the city’s best dressed philanthropists. Every year we can't wait to see what the ladies — and a few dapper gents — wear to the grand affair that raises funds for local children’s charities.
3. The top Dallas young professional parties to put on your spring 2015 social calendar. We highlighted the young movers and shakers poised to make an impact in the community, and the spring events for Dallas YPs.
4. DIFFA devotees ring in the holidays at decorative Dallas fête. The DIFFA/Dallas Holiday Wreath Collection is one of the rare times it’s considered perfectly acceptable — nay, encouraged — to put up holiday decorations before Thanksgiving. Only these wreaths weren’t purely decorative; they were fundraising opportunities.
5. Pretty young professionals prove charitable prowess at Dallas Autumn Ball. Hundreds of young professionals dressed in their best black-tie attire for the sold-out Dallas Autumn Ball at Hotel Zaza.
6. A-list fashion stars align for Dallas’ most stellar gala. Dallas’ most stylish gathered for a starry night honoring the greatest in the fashion industry at the Fashion Group International of Dallas Night of Stars Gala.
7. Famous Dallas LGBT gala celebrates milestone year with wedding cakes for all. When the event is called Black Tie Dinner, you’d better dress your best. More than 2,600 guests did exactly that at the downtown Sheraton for the 34th annual gala, which benefits local and national LGBT organizations.
8. 10 Dallas hot spots to see and be seen in summer 2015. As per usual, we were out and about, researching all the places you needed to be seen this past summer — from where to get your hair and makeup done to where to show it all off.
9. Dallasites cowboy up and party hard to raise millions for Cattle Baron’s Ball 2015. There wasn’t a raindrop in sight, which delighted co-chairmen Mary Martha Pickens and Tia Love Wynne as they welcomed thousands to the 42nd annual Cattle Baron’s Ball at Gilley’s Dallas. This year’s theme — Cowboy Up, Take Cancer Down! — perfectly articulated this fundraising tradition’s goal.
10. Mysterious affair leaks all the juicy details about future for DMA Juniors. Director’s Cut was the most mysterious young professionals event to date, and it lived up to the anticipation. On September 19, the Junior Associates of the Dallas Museum of Art gathered at a meeting place somewhere deep in the Harwood District before being led to a secret speakeasy that few have experienced but none will soon forget.