A Texas staycation means all-day pool lounging, frozen margaritas, boot-scooting music, family-friendly entertainment and decadent cuisine. And it also means booking a visit to the grandest resort destination in the state: Gaylord Texan.
We’ve got the top five reasons why your summer vacation plans just got a little more exciting.
No. 1: Summer Bash
No one throws a summer party like Gaylord Texan. Local visitors and resort guests will enjoy all of these Summer Bash activities and many more:
- Summer Music Series at Glass Cactus: Get your groove on at our 39,000-square-foot live music venue, and enjoy a cocktail at Sunset Patio Hour on the two-tiered outdoor deck that overlooks Lake Grapevine. ($10 cover after 8 pm, Friday and Saturday nights)
- Friday Night Fireworks: The party with DJ tunes begins at 9 pm in the resort parking garage (or Glass Cactus for ages 21+), and the fireworks begin at 9:30.
- Margarita Madness: Have you ever experienced a jalapeño margarita? For ages 21+, additional charge applies.
- Wine and Cheese Pairings: Three expertly paired wine and cheese selections are yours to enjoy. For ages 21+ ($35 per person)
- Junior Chefs Camp: This is an interactive day camp designed for ages 8-16 that teaches youngsters how to cook, plate and serve their dishes. ($90 per person; purchase tickets here)
Learn more about the Gaylord Texan’s Summer Bash and get the full list of activities online.
No. 2: Explore the Sites
Gaylord Texan is situated within 4.5 acres of lush indoor gardens under glass kept at a comfortable 72 degrees year round. This means there’s something blooming beautifully everywhere you look. Take a self-guided horticulture tour or enjoy an atrium art walk showcasing local artists’ sculptures, paintings and blown-glass displays.
No. 3: Make a Splash
Pool time is essential when its summer in Texas, and Gaylord Texan Resort has water features galore. Resort guests can get their splash on at Paradise Springs outdoor pool playground. From private cabanas and floating the lazy river to water basketball and the winding waterslide, you don’t want to miss the 10 acres of outdoor fun.
No. 4: Eat, Drink and Be Texan
Have a Texas-sized appetite? From steak to burgers to brunch, Gaylord Texan features several dining options to satisfy any craving. Delight your taste buds at one of the resort’s four award-winning restaurants: Old Hickory Steakhouse, Zeppole Coastal Italian, Texan Station and Riverwalk Cantina. Add in room service fare, and you’ll see that the resort caters to all appetites.
No. 5: Just Say Spa
If there was ever an excuse for some downtime, it’s during your vacation. Relâche Spa features several summer specials, including The Green Tea & Lemongrass Experience (body polish, facial, pedicure). Book your appointment online.