The new Centurion Lounge at DFW Airport Terminal D has proven, yet again, that membership has its privileges. In addition to Southwestern cuisine from Dallas chef Dean Fearing, travelers — with an American Express in their pockets — can indulge in a little Exhale spa therapy to make the time between flights more bearable.
The in-lounge Exhale spa is open seven days a week, 9 am-8 pm. Access to the lounge is free for Amex Platinum, Business Platinum and Mercedes-Benz Platinum cardholders and Centurion card members. Regular old Amex card members can access it for a $50 fee, space permitting.
Among the travel-friendly spa therapies included:
- Flow chair massage: Uses slow, sinking pressure to get precisely into the muscles that need it most.
- Deep tissue chair massage: Customized therapy is ideal for everyday tightness and aches caused from sitting at a computer or hauling around luggage.
- Fusion chair massage: Rhythmic massage designed to soothe and restore tired muscles, relieve tension and quiet the mind.
- Get Glowing: Deep cleanse followed by an exfoliating face mask and refreshing application of moisturizer.
- Soothe + Treat: Deep cleanse followed by a clarifying mask to calm, even and correct skin. Finished with an anti-acne spot treatment and light moisturizer.
- Red-Eye Ready: A thorough cleansing of the face, followed by restorative mask and overnight cream.
- Perfectly Polished and Perfectly Groomed: Also known as manicures for women and men, respectively.
Spa therapies are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and not all may be available at all times. For a better shot at what you want, sign up for an appointment upon arriving at lounge reception.
The Centurion Lounge is located opposite gate D17 on the upper level. This is the second Centurion; the original opened in Las Vegas in early 2013.