Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. These Marines freaking out over "Let It Go" will make your day. Life in the military is undoubtedly stressful. So when a group of Marines want to kick back with the Disney film Frozen, we aren't going to judge. We're going to applaud. Also, score another point for the Brozen theory.
2. Introducing Jackfruit, a ginormous food to feed the world. It boggles the mind that people are still going hungry in 2014, considering developed countries throw away thousands of pounds of food every day. But many parts of the world face "food insecurity," and the Jackfruit, which is high in protein, potassium and vitamin B, could improve third-world nutrition dramatically.
3. Stephen Colbert mercilessly mocks Fox News correspondent Jesse Watters. There's a long running segment on The O'Reilly Factor in which Jesse Waters interviews "the young people" and tries to make them look dumb. It's not that hard to do, especially when you accost people outside of Miley Cyrus concert. But it proves to be much more difficult when you actually go to a college campus.
4. Elton John and System Of a Down play "Crocodile Chop." Everybody loves a good mashup, but this combination of Elton John and System Of a Down takes blending music genres to a whole 'nother level.
5. Cops are about to start live-tweeting prostitution stings. Sure, the wildly popular TV show Cops showed real-life police drama, but it wasn't in real time, and most of suspects had their faces blurred. Maryland police are bringing the principles behind the show to Twitter with the "unprecedented social media tactic" of live-tweeting a prostitution sting, "mug shots and all."