This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas suburb stalled by worst commute in Texas, new ranking shows. Pity the poor commuters in Garland. A new ranking by real estate website HomeArea.com shows the daily commute to work for people in Garland is the worst in Texas.
2. Dallas' old-timey Highland Park Soda Fountain will close in September. After 106 years, the Highland Park Soda Fountain on Knox Street is closing, due to the construction of a new office building in its location.
3. 5 essential things to know before you go to Texas Live in Arlington. After much fanfare, Texas Live, the Arlington mega complex, has finally arrived. Much has already been written, but with the grand opening now behind us, here are the five most important takeaways you need to know.
4. Dallas complex cranks up the buzz with new bakery and ramen joint. The food and beverage renaissance at Victory Park continues, now with three new concepts added to the mix: a ramen spot, a bakery, and a liquor store, all brand new to Dallas.
5. Iconic Dallas Round House rolls onto the market for $1.7 million. One of Dallas' most iconic homes, known famously as the Round House, has rolled onto the real estate market. The midcentury modern marvel at 7507 Baxtershire Dr. is listed for $1.725 million with Richard Graziano of Allie Beth Allman & Associates.