Oral Fixation presents Freedman's Town to Botham Jean: Stories For Racial Healing
Freedman's Town to Botham Jean: Stories For Racial Healing is a live storytelling show featuring seven diverse Dallasites sharing their true, personal stories about racial tension in Dallas. Directed by Dr. Njoki McElroy and produced by Oral Fixation’s Nicole Stewart, this storytelling experience will provide historical context to racial tension between blacks and whites in Dallas while offering a very personal lens through which to understand what our wounds are so we may acknowledge and heal them.
The debut performance will be at Moody Performance Hall. Subsequent performances will be at various Dallas Public Library branches.
- May 21: Moody Performance Hall
- May 25: Lochwood Public Library
- June 1: Bachman Lake Public Library
- June 8: Pleasant Grove Public Library
- June 15: Hampton-Illinois Public Library
- June 22: Fretz Park Public Library