Links We Love
Walking Dead meets Seinfeld, best Olympic memes and more links we love right now
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. The Walking Dead meets Seinfeld. It's a simple premise, really. And despite the seemingly gigantic gulf between the two television series, this two-minute video shows what a difference a laugh-track makes in defining a show's tone.
2. Ashley Wagner's angry face inspires Olympics meme. There is a right way and a wrong way to talk about the Sochi Olympics on social media. The new viral meme starring figure skater Ashley Wagner is the right way. Her honest expression and candid reaction to a disappointing score was ripe for appropriation across the interwebs. You make America proud, Ashley.
3. Twitter account debunks picspammers incredible but fake viral images. Awe-inspiring photos spread like digital wildfire. But when the image has been altered, we all feel cheated. The Twitter account @PicPedant is a self-described "punctilious internet killjoy" dedicated to exposing viral fake images.
4. Dumb Starbucks shop dispenses free parody coffee in LA. It takes a lot of guts to go up against a huge brand like Starbucks, and we've got to hand it to the anonymous creators of the Dumb Starbucks pop-up coffee shop in California. The creators are claiming fair use of the trademarked coffee behemoth under the parody clause. As you might imagine, the real Starbucks is not amused.
5. Flappy Doge is your new gaming addiction. Flappy bird may have died an untimely stress death, but the game lives on in the form of Flappy Doge. Click, click, click away, while you still can.