Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Old Lake Highlands ranch with HGTV cred can be yours for less than $300,000. With the real estate market currently sizzling in Dallas, a good starter home is hard to find. But here's one: 881 Berkinshire Dr. in Old Lake Highlands, which owners Ashley and Steven Walton found with the help of HGTV's House Hunters.
2. City life improves with imminent arrival of DART rail line at DFW Airport. Life in Dallas is poised for improvement, with the August 18 opening of a DART rail stop at DFW Airport. The service is part of the Orange Line, with a platform located between International Parkway and the north service road near Terminal A.
3. Bishop Arts hot spot deemed one of 10 U.S. restaurants worth the wait in line. If you have ever attempted to brunch at Oddfellows on the weekend, then a new list from Yahoo Travel may resonate with you. According to the site, the Bishop Arts District favorite is among 10 restaurants in the country worth the wait in line.
4. Dallas family turns grandmother's cinnamon roll recipe into delicious business. Amy Collins knew a good thing when she tasted one. So she and her husband took her grandmother's beloved cinnamon roll and dinner roll recipes and started a business called RoRo's Baking Company. Now they sell an assortment of baked favorites at retailers like Central Market, Whole Foods and Artizone.
5. Picky burglar rummages through Highland Park home while owner sleeps. Sometime before 6:30 am on July 23, a burglar slipped into a Highland Park home and rummaged through drawers and cabinets in the main house, making off with about $3,000 worth of electronics. All the while the owner was asleep.