Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas' busiest chef races in with Baja-style restaurant on Greenville Ave. There's an exciting new tenant taking over the storied location at 1520 Greenville Ave., from one of Dallas' best known and most prolific restaurateurs. Beloved chef Nick Badovinus will open a casual cantina there called Desert Racer.
2. Dallas' chances for landing Amazon HQ2 in peril as new leader emerges. Rising speculation points to Amazon picking the Washington, D.C. area — not Dallas or Austin — as the site of the e-commerce behemoth’s eagerly anticipated second headquarters.
3. These are the 12 can't-miss shows in Dallas-Fort Worth theater for September. We've got two world premieres and several established favorites this month, which include a few from movies-turned-musicals and shows that later inspired movies. Here are the 12 theater productions to see.
4. Meet the monarchy at this rare British royal exhibit coming to Texas. Get ready, Texas, for art fit for a queen — when the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston welcomes royalty in the new exhibition "Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol."
5. Dallas young professionals suit up for inaugural Sunday fun day party with purpose. Dallas Cotillion Club closed the summer with a high-energy pool party that raised funds for the organization's beneficiary, Genesis Women’s Shelter.