Links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Six harsh truths that will make you a better person. As January rolls around, we're pushed toward introspection and trips to the gym. Instead of New Year's resolutions, consider this a no-nonsense list of New Year's revelations. Warning: The link is from cracked.com, and the language reflects it.
2. Eleven amazing staircases around the world. Okay, I know right now you are guffaw-ing. But these staircases will change you. They will.
3. Eighteen types of people who had the worst year ever. Your daily dose of GIF shows why slippery babies, New York Yankees pitchers and cannonballing Germans had a rough go in 2012.
4. Thirty-four charts that explain the U.S. economy. Fiscal cliff, yada yada yada. What you really need to know is that the increase in American bathrooms is off the charts. Literally.
5. The 50 worst columns of 2012. Thinly veiled racism, contrarian arguments and general bloviating from the New York Times, Washington Post and The Daily Beast.