This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Time capsule home with wild tiled bathrooms for sale in Dallas' Lakewood. A rare Dallas real estate find is on the market: A beautiful home designed by famed architect Cliff Hutsell and built in 1932 that's in nearly original condition. Located at 7226 Lakewood Blvd., it's an original Spanish Eclectic time capsule, on a rare double lot on stately Lakewood Boulevard, less than a block west of (and walking distance to) White Rock Lake.
2. New restaurant Nick the Greek with cute backstory makes Dallas-area debut. A new Greek restaurant made its Dallas-area debut August 11 with gyros, souvlaki, and pita sandwiches: Called Nick the Greek, it's a fast-casual chain from California and opened its first DFW-area location in Irving.
3. Celeb Dallas chef invents unique Italian restaurant with authentic pasta. An acclaimed chef is debuting a new Italian restaurant with a truly original approach. Called Miss Pasta, it's from chef Giuliano Matarese and his wife Tiziana Cosentino, and will open in the Shire complex at 3613 Shire Blvd. #100 in Richardson.
4. Sushi restaurant starring ex-Nobu chef to open near Dallas' Knox Street. A promising new sushi restaurant is opening near the Knox Street District this summer: Called Pearl, it's from Chef Shine Tamaoki, and will open at 4640 McKinney Ave. #130.
5. Dallas buyers must earn this much more to afford a starter home in 2023. A new income analysis by online real estate brokerage Redfin has revealed just how much more a potential homeowner needs to make this year to afford a "starter home" in Dallas, a concept that's becoming seemingly less attainable with rising mortgage rates and increased competition among buyers.