Dallas is getting a new outlet of Miami's favorite artisanal doughnut shop: The Salty Donut is opening a location in Klyde Warren Park, at 2049 N. Pearl St., on the East Lawn of the park.
And according to a release, it's coming soon: Friday, December 2, when it will bring its craft doughnuts, coffee beverages, and quirky personality to the downtown Dallas community.
Salty was founded in 2015 by husband and wife Andy and Amanda Pizarro-Rodriguez as a pop-up, selling doughnuts out of a vintage 1950s Aljoa camper in a parking lot, right as the doughnut trend was starting to rise.They’ve earned nods from sites such as Thrillist and Food & Wine, and in 2018, co-founder Amanda Pizarro-Rodriguez was named a Forbes 30 under 30 for Food & Drink.
They have a regular menu plus regular seasonal offerings. Some of their basics include:
- Traditional Glazed. 24-hr brioche, vanilla bean glaze
- Maple + Bacon. 24-hr brioche, maple glaze, topped with in-house candied Rudolph’s Meat Market bacon + Oak Cliff Brewery Black Lager reduction
- Brown Butter + Salt. Vanilla bean cake donut, brown butter glaze + topped with Maldon sea salt
- Lone Star. 24-hr star-shaped brioche filled with ruby red grapefruit curd + tossed in grapefruit infused powdered sugar.
- Horchata. 24-hr brioche soaked in a horchata mixture, bottom crusted with Valrhona Caramelia chocolate + finished with torched cinnamon-meringue
- Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake Donut: Chocolate cake donut with chocolate glaze
There are currently six Salty Donut shops with a handful of additional locations in the works. This is the second Dallas location of Salty Donut, which opened its first in Bishop Arts in 2020.
“Klyde Warren Park is an incredible gathering place for the community and nothing makes us happier than being a part of the excitement. Ever since opening our first Dallas location in 2020, we’ve had our eyes set on finding new areas to open in and expand our reach,” says Danny Pizarro, CMO at The Salty Donut. “Klyde Warren Park is a unique opportunity to not only serve our donuts, coffee, and baked goods to park visitors and guests of the park’s activations, but also to bring our offerings to the offices and establishments surrounding the park. So whether you’re ordering coffee and donuts for a morning meeting or taking the family to see the fountain show, our newest “outpost” location in the park has you covered.”
The grand opening of the Klyde Warren Park location coincides with a very exciting weekend at the park full of holiday activations including the Holiday Show Tree Lighting Celebration, special light and water shows at the Nancy Best Fountain, Santa visits, and more. To celebrate the grand opening weekend and the festive events, The Salty will be offering free hot coffee and hot chocolate to park guests Friday, December 2 through Sunday, December 4, as well as surprise giveaways and promotions for customers at the park.