This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Meaty newcomer downtown makes this Dallas restaurant news muy macho. This roundup of Dallas dining news has a surprising number of openings, either in the works or already here. There's also a slew of new menu items coming online, some of which are pumpkin in theme. There are some exciting new chefs in town. Here's what's happening in Dallas restaurant news.
Modular home has a simple, uncluttered design. HiFab
2. West Dallas developer launches new venture building fancy prefab homes. Oaxaca Interests, the Dallas real estate company that developed Sylvan Thirty in West Oak Cliff, is expanding into modular homes, with a manufacturing plant in Grand Prairie and a new product that's already for sale. The manufacturing outfit is called HiFAB, and their first product is Haciendas, featuring homes designed by Lake|Flato, a San Antonio architecture firm.
The worm is not even an inch long. agrilife.org
3. Tiny green inchworm is devouring its way across Dallas trees. There's a sticky situation developing across Dallas-Fort Worth: It's the invasion of the cankerworm and it's literally hanging around outside your door. Cankerworms AKA inchworms are tiny caterpillars that feed off trees, especially the hackberry which is their favorite, and in fall 2022, they've arrived in North Texas with a vengeance.
House at 11106 Snow White is a sprawling ranch. Hunter Dehn Realty
4. Rare home in Dallas' Disney streets designed by Cliff May is for sale. There's a stunning mid-century modern home for sale in Dallas' famed Disney streets neighborhood by legendary architect Cliff May. Located at 11106 Snow White Dr., the house was built in 1955 and miraculously retains some original features, particularly some delicious wood paneling.
There'll be bowling, axes, escape rooms, and more. Courtesy rendering
5. Mega entertainment complex from Austin to open at The Farm in Allen. There's a little bit of Austin fun coming to Allen: High 5 Entertainment, an experiential entertainment company, will open a massive gaming venue in the splashy new development The Farm in Allen, where it promises to unleash a copious dose of games and amusements.