This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. North Dallas neighbor takes new title as No. 1 U.S. housing market, report says. When it comes to places to buy a house, you can't do any better than McKinney. So says WalletHub's highly anticipated 2023 report on the best real estate markets in the U.S.
2. New pizzeria in Garland will add another style of pizza to Dallas' list. A Dallas restaurant team better known for their burgers and craft beer are moving into the buzzy category of pizza with a new restaurant called Fortunate Son. Named for the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, the concept will open in downtown Garland.
3. Construction begins on new DART station in Plano as part of Silver Line. Construction of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) 12th Street Station in Plano is about to begin. The DART 12th Street Station will provide transfer options between the Red and Orange lines and the future DART Silver Line, providing greater access to the rest of the DART light rail network.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 7 most inviting new restaurants. The August edition of Where to Eat, our monthly feature of restaurant recommendations, is a fun and fabulously diverse mixed bag. There's fancy Chinese, cozy Italian, a Mexican hidden gem, top chef fare, an indie Asian coffee shop, and an authentic French bakery.
5. Dallas F&B vets to open martini lounge with some of that swing. A new lounge coming to old East Dallas will pay tribute to a Dallas institution: Called Columbian Country Club, it'll open in the former Bar and Garden space at 3314 Ross Ave., where it will honor an iconic Dallas golf club that closed in 2004 after 125 years.