This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. These are the 16 must-see concerts for summer 2023 in Dallas-Fort Worth. Musical acts go on tour all year-round but there's no concert season like summer concert season: Outdoor arenas and sheds open their doors, and major tours head out on the road, seizing on the more favorable weather to put on a big show. Here are the 16 most-anticipated concerts of the summer.
2. New restaurant nabs Blue Goose Cantina space on Dallas' Greenville Ave. A new tenant has landed in the highly desirable former Blue Goose Cantina space on Dallas' Greenville Avenue: Called Goodwin's, it's a restaurant collaboration starring chef Jeff Bekavac, and it will open at 2905 Greenville Ave. in 2024.
3. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 6 of the hottest newest patios in town. For the May edition of Where to eat in Dallas right now, our monthly column offering recommendations on the best dining options, we revisit a classic theme: patios. The patios on this list are either new or else underdog patios that deserve a look this month.
4. Meow Wolf unveils trippy theme and opening date for new portal in Grapevine. The most anticipated arts event of summer in Dallas-Fort Worth now has an opening date: Meow Wolf will open Friday, July 14 at Grapevine Mills with the intriguing theme "The Real Unreal." Tickets are now on sale.
5. Big Dallas freeway closure at 635 and Greenville Avenue coming up. There's a major freeway closure coming up in North Dallas this weekend on I-635: All lanes along eastbound and westbound I-635 at Greenville Avenue will be closed beginning Saturday evening, May 20 through Sunday morning, May 21.