This week's hot headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Taylor Swift wows crowd at first of three sold-out nights in Arlington. Friday night, March 31, pop megastar Taylor Swift brought the first of three sold out nights to AT&T Stadium in Arlington, delivering a three-hour show that spanned highlights of her illustrious career. Here's what our reviewer thought.
2. Dallas' iconic Stoneleigh P is leaving current location after 50 years. An iconic Dallas restaurant institution is about to decamp: The Stoneleigh P, also known as The P, which has brought an eclectic restaurant and bar experience to Uptown Dallas since 1973, is closing down its original location at 2926 Maple Ave.
3. Dallas' first alcohol-free bottle shop to open in MCM space in Richardson. The Dallas area is about to get its first AF (alcohol-free) bottle shop: Called Beyond the Bar, it's a new concept that will specialize in "zero-proof" spirits, and it'll open in downtown Richardson this spring.
4. Tetris blocks out a taut international story about popular video game. The term “origin story” is typically associated with superheroes these days, but a growing trend involves filmmakers taking a look back about famous consumer products came to be. First out the gate is Tetris, which tells the highly complicated story of how the video game made its way from the USSR to players’ fingers worldwide in the late 1980s.
5. These 10 bars in Dallas are nominees for 2023 Tastemaker bar of the year. Make some noise for the 2023 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, here to honor the best in Dallas food & drink. Here are the 10 nominees for Bar of the Year.