2017 McKinney Classic Film Festival
This year’s McKinney Classic Film Festival will showcase five MGM© films during the three-day festival, which offers great classic films, dynamic guests, activities, and plenty of popcorn, too, all in Historic Downtown McKinney.
- Gigi (1958) - Winner of nine Academy Awards, including Best Picture. A French courtesan (Leslie Caron) and a wealthy playboy (Louis Jourdan) reject their societal roles to live for love.
- The Band Wagon (1953) - Nominated for three Academy Awards. A theatrical director makes outrageous changes to a Broadway show, leading to romantic entanglements for two of the production's stars (Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse).
- Meet Me In St. Louis (1944) - Nominated for four Academy Awards. A happy family (including Judy Garland, Margaret O’Brien, Mary Astor) in St. Louis prepares for an unwanted move to New York City during the year before the 1904 World's Fair.
- The Pirate (1948) - Nominated for one Academy Award. A lovelorn actor (Gene Kelly) pretends to be a famous pirate to win the affection of another man's fiancee (Judy Garland).
- On the Town (1949) - Winner of one Academy Award. Three sailors (Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Jules Munshi), on a 24-hour shore-leave, seek romance in New York City.
- Sunday Closing Party - All festival ticket holders will be invited to return after the final screening for the weekend’s closing party with refreshments. All ticket holders may dress in any attire for fun photos, whether dressed up as their favorite musical comedy character, retro Hollywood Star, or merely everyday wear. Ticket holders should bring their cameras to snap plenty of Red Carpet pics.