Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden presents July Fourth Weekend
Various blues bands will perform throughout the weekend to provide a cool, relaxing backdrop. $2 hotdogs and root beer floats will be available for purchase all four days. The Arboretum offers free admission all four days for retired and active duty members, veterans of the U.S. military, and first responders with a valid photo I.D.
Schedule of performances:
- July 1: Linny Nance Network
- July 2: Buddy Whittington Band
- July 3: Linny Nance Network
- July 4: Rob Holbert Group
Event highlights at Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden include:
- Craft Corner: The Stars and Stripes, 9-11 am, Main Garden, Entry Plaza. Stop by the Craft Corner table and create a fun, patriotic craft using the colors of the American flag.
- Storytime with Eddie the Eagle, 10 am, First Adventure. Enjoy Storytime with Eddie the Eagle, a patriotic story with the U.S. National Bird, the bald eagle.
- Plant Lab: Sublimation of Independence, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, Exploration Center. The Plant Lab is bubbling over with excitement for this phase change of matter. Cool off in the Exploration Center, and explore the frigid substance of dry ice.
- OmniGlobe Presentation: From Sea to Shining Sea, 11:30 am & 2:30 pm, Exploration Center. The ocean is not just a large body of water; it is a dynamic system of currents. Explore how ocean currents affect temperature and weather.
- Fruit Tastings: Red, White and Fruit, 12 pm & 2 pm, Incredible Edible. Come to the Incredible Edible Garden and explore the phytonutrients in the colors of the American Flag.
- Rockets Red Glare! - POP: Power of Pressure, 4 pm, The Glade. What makes things go POP!? Explore the science behind air pressure and have an explosive time.