Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden presents Lyman Whitaker: "Wind Sculptures in Motion"
The Dallas Arboretum will present its new summer exhibit, “Wind Sculptures in Motion - The Kinetic Art of Lyman Whitaker,” presented by Reliant. As the most recognized creator of kinetic art in the world, Whitaker hand produces copper wind sculptures that are mesmerizing juxtaposed throughout the gardens. Each piece of artwork is organic in nature and responds to the changing currents of the wind, which provides each sculpture's movement.
Special events during the exhibition will include:
- April 14: Artist Meet & Greet and Walking Tour - Lyman Whitaker will give presentations in Rosine Hall, free with paid garden admission. Space is limited to a first come, first served basis. (1-2:30 pm)
Summer of Movement: Experience the movement of the wind sculptures by Lyman Whitaker and enjoy the movements of talented dance groups from the surrounding areas throughout the garden. Performances and dates include:
- April 21: Bandan Koro (11 am-12 pm)
- May 5: Anita Martinez Ballet Folklorico (11 and 11:30 am)
- May 6: Bruce Wood Dance Project, performing hroughout the gardens (12-3 pm)
- May 19: Bandan Koro (11 am-12 pm)
- June 3: Bruce Wood Dance Project, performing throughout gardens (1-3 pm)
8525 Garland Rd.
Dallas, TX 75218