Klyde Warren Park presents Hearts in the Park
Klyde Warren Park will host its annual Hearts in the Park Valentine’s Day event. It will be a costume-themed, “roaring” good time filled with music, crafts, dancing, trivia, and sweet treats. Following the afternoon’s family-friendly festivities, grab a blanket and stick around for a special screening of The Great Gatsby (2013) under the stars. The event also signifies the start of Klyde Warren Park’s annual I Heart the Park fundraising campaign, which raises money to support the Park’s free programming year-round.
3-6 pm: Family Fun
- # CignaKlydeWarrenPark Photo Booth: Show off how you stay healthy with Cigna’s photo booth! There will be a dry erase Polaroid frame where people can write how they plan to stay healthy in 2016.
- Caricature Drawings: Sit back, relax and enjoy a good laugh with caricature drawings brought to you by CBS 11.
- Valentine’s Day Crafts: Get creative and make your own flapper headbands, hats, mustaches and more.
- Dance Lessons and Live Music: Learn the Charleston, the Cake Walk, the Black Bottom, and Flea Hop while the Spenser Liszt Band and the Disciples play tunes from the era.
- Smooch a Pooch: Puppy “kissing booth,” adoptions, photo opportunities and more, hosted White Rock Dog Rescue.
- Wellness Activities Sponsored by Cigna: Test your wellness knowledge with Cigna’s activities including Plinko and an Activity Wheel.
6-6:30 pm: Trivia and Costume Contest
- Test your knowledge of 1920s trivia and come in your 1920s best for a costume contest emceed by CBS 11’s Lisa Villegas. The best dressed park patron will win dinner for four at Savor.
6:30-9 pm: Movie Night
- The Great Gatsby Screening: Snuggle up with your sweetheart for a special showing of The Great Gatsby (2013) on the Great Lawn under the stars.