Nasher Sculpture Center presents Ultra-Seeing
The Nasher Sculpture Center will be presenting monthly screenings of experimental cinema from the perspective of synesthesia, visual music, and visualization of music. The program is steered by Frank Dufour, Professor in the recently created school of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication (ATEC) at the University of Texas at Dallas, and Emmanuel Lefrant, director of Light Cone, a French organization dedicated to the diffusion and conservation of experimental cinema.
Each hour-long session in the series will bring together major works from the rich collection of Light Cone, as well as contemporary productions from local and international artists.
- September 11: Avant-Garde from the 1920s and '30s
- October 9: Michèle and Patrick Bokanowski
- November 13: Structural Film
- December 11: Musical Paradigm
- January 8: Music!
- February 12: Entendre ce que l’on voit
- March 12: Pe rformance
- April 30: Synesthésie
- May 21: The Mandala Pattern
For more information about films and schedule, go to the Nasher website.