Join the CultureMap Team
Editorial — Dallas and Austin
CultureMap is hiring a Dallas City Editor and an Austin City Editor to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin/San Antonio websites. Candidates should be based Dallas and Austin, respectively.
The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience as a managing editor or copy editor and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and communication skills are required. Must be technical and social media savvy, as CultureMap is a digital-only media company. You will be working in a custom CMS and as part of a larger digital team (we have employees across the state).
CultureMap delivers daily lifestyle content in the categories of restaurants and bars, real estate, society, arts, entertainment, fashion and beauty, home and design, travel, and city life. Candidates should be plugged into these topics, have a keen eye for news, and have a desire to be part of a growing media brand.
- Work directly with the network editor to fulfill CultureMap’s editorial vision
- Manage local editorial calendar and daily publishing schedule
- Assign stories to staff, freelancers, and photographers
- Edit articles according to brand’s style guidelines
- Be skilled at SEO and crafting engaging headlines
- Build homepage and Daily Digest emails
- Write stories as needed
- Manage editorial social media posts across all platforms (including Instagram)
- Manage administrative tasks and moderate site comments
- Represent the brand at CultureMap events and attend community events on behalf of CultureMap
Interested? Please send your resume and writing samples to Arden Ward at email@example.com.
Sales — Houston and Fort Worth
CultureMap is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Advertising Sales Executive to drive sales revenue for CultureMap and Gow Media in Houston and Fort Worth. The Account Executive will be responsible for helping grow their clients’ business through customized solutions utilizing a combination of CultureMap, Gow Media, and third-party products. The ideal candidate will have the ability to, or already holds, deep VP- and CMO-level relationships with local companies, brands, and agencies.
Key Account Executive Responsibilities
- Create new leads by cold calling and scheduling face-to-face meetings
- Manage and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships and leverage a highly consultative approach within aligned territory
- Develop creative campaigns and proposals to help clients achieve their business and marketing goals
- Manage and maintain relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Provide regular updates to management on sales pipeline and partnerships
- Serve as an industry expert in digital advertising
Requirements, Experience, and Attributes of Ideal Candidates
- 2+ years outside sales experience, preferably in a local/regional media environment
- Proven success prospecting/cold-calling local and regional accounts
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Consultative sales style with strong analytical skills and ability to research problems and provide strategic solutions
- Ability to work with the internal teams to solve problems and deliver results for clients
- Effective negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, well versed in Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to sell multiple products and present big ideas/complex packages
- Driven and goal-oriented with the ability to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment
If you love CultureMap, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Brooke Dowdy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CultureMap is hiring a Community Manager to help grow our audience in Fort Worth and San Antonio. Responsibilities include:
- Build strategic partnerships with influencers, nonprofit organizations, and cultural institutions
- Concept and execute online and offline marketing programs that drive audience development
- Evaluate community sponsorship opportunities and leverage opportunities to grow audience
Must have 2-3 years of experience in marketing and social media, and know the city like the back of your hand. Let’s talk if you’re resourceful, take initiative, wildly creative, and like to win.
The position is part-time and flexible but applicable experience is required. If you would like to learn more, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.