This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Beaten by White Rock's entitled parents, Cane Rosso fills in patio fountain. After more than a year of struggle, Cane Rosso White Rock has filled in the copper-lined fountain on its patio. Owner Jay Jerrier drained out the water this week and filled it in with dirt and plants.
2. Alamo Drafthouse divulges location for third Dallas-area movie theater. Fresh off the heels of announcing a new downtown Dallas theater, Alamo Drafthouse DFW has revealed plans for its third location. The dine-in theater will open as part of the forthcoming Music Factory complex in Irving.
3. Robert Plant prefers this Texas grocery store to Whole Foods Market. An interview with music legend Robert Plant ended with a decidedly Texas twist when he commented on the Texas grocery store scene. "If you're gonna go shopping for food in Austin, go to Fiesta, the supermarket with a difference," Plant said.
4. Why Dallas is ready to give healthy restaurants a shot. Out of nowhere, Dallas-Fort Worth has become America's new center of "healthy" dining, with a number of high-profile chains opening and more on the way. Seasons 52, True Food Kitchen, LYFE Kitchen and Modmarket are among the big players setting up shop in DFW.
5. Emerging Dallas intersection lands another restaurant tenant. Preston Hollow Village, going up at US 75 and Walnut Hill Lane, is getting another restaurant tenant. Pakpao, the Thai concept from Tiffanee and Richard Ellman's Apheleia Restaurant Group, will open an 80-seat establishment at the new mixed-use development, in early 2015.