This Week's Hot Headlines
New Dallas lunch spots and teacher Twitter fail top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. North Texas teacher to lose job for tweeting 'kill yourselves' to 'crackers.' Duncanville ISD discharged English teacher Vinita Hegwood over a profanity-laced tweet she sent on November 7. "Who the f*** made you dumb duck ass crackers think I give a squat about your opinions about my opinions RE: #Ferguson? Kill yourselves," the now-deleted tweet read.
2. Ballyhooed Preston Hollow Village reveals first round of restaurants and shops. Preston Hollow Village, the much chattered-about, mixed-use development at the northwest corner of Walnut Hill and Central Expressway, has released an official list of phase 1 restaurants and retail stores that will open in early 2015, including Trader Joe's and Orangetheory Fitness.
3. Texas Rangers beat Navy SEAL impersonator at his own game with fake award. An elaborate law enforcement sting operation led to the arrest of a 29-year-old man who was parading around North Texas as a Navy SEAL. Carlos Felipe Luna-Gonzalez is charged with falsely representing himself as an active-duty Navy SEAL and for accepting an award as a result of his fictitious service.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best new lunch spots. Of all the meals out there, lunch is the most flexible. It can be the getaway from work or an interview for work. It can be a rendezvous with your lady or a lunch with the ladies. But however you use your lunch, you'll want to keep up on the newest places to get it. Here's our list.
5. NBA All-Star Chris Bosh wants to unload his Dallas condo for $3.9 million. Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh has put his Dallas condo on the market. The 4,257-square-foot residence at the Ritz-Carlton used to belong to Dallas Symphony Orchestra musical director Jaap Van Zweden and violinist Michael Guttman. Bosh paid $3 million for it last October and is now listing it for $3.9 million.