The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden will celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday with readings from some of his most popular books throughout the gardens during opening weekend of Dallas Blooms.
Schedule of Readings
- 10 a.m. - Oh the Places You'll Go! / ¡Oh, cúan lejos llegarás! - The Moody Oasis in the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden
Reopening on February 28, the Children's Adventure Garden is also hosting Primavera en el Jardín, part of the new bilingual initiative focusing on new immigrants to give them the opportunity to visit. Held in the eight-acre scientific garden, this event helps those new to English learn about nature and science concepts while having a rewarding family experience.
- 11 a.m. - Horton Hears a Who - Plants are Alive in the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden
- 12 p.m. - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Indian Courtyard
- 1 p.m. - The Cat in the Hat - DeGolyer Pergola
- 2 p.m. - Green Eggs and Ham - Incredible Edible Garden in the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden
- 3 p.m. - The Lorax - Habitats in the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden
- 4 p.m. - Hop on Pop - The Lay Family Garden